Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Getting the message across



Maybe I'm just imagining it, but I feel as though I'm encountering a lot more telecom marketing these days in the UK - maybe I'm just looking for it more now. This article discusses BT's change of agency for a £7.5m radio campaign, and speculates that BT may be consolidating all its media buying in a single agency. Unified marketing for a fragmenting market - probably a smart move. Meanwhile relative newcomer HomeChoice seems to be doing a lot on AM radio, and has now taken on Martin Freeman from "The Office" as spokesperson for its new campaign, in place of Matt Lucas, himself a hugely recognizable figure from the extremely demented, but popular, "Little Britain." Glad I've loaded up on advertising plays in my non-telco model portfolio.

No comments: