Monday, February 07, 2005

Skype my company

I don't have any figures to back this up, but I would naturally assume that a lot of Skype use, as is the case with IM generally, must occur at work, clandestinely and with no official sanction. However, I think it would be fascinating to track how much is occurring with full knowledge and support of companies. Please send me any anecdotes you might have to this effect, and I'll duly give credit where credit is due. Here's my first, anyway. It has come to my attention that project teams at Accenture, coordinating on work between Madrid and several locations in Pakistan, are choosing Skype over GSM where possible, for obvious cost reasons, but also because of the superior codec. Management are apparently aware and approve, but there is no official Skype policy yet.

No comments: