Thursday, March 31, 2005

In search of a name

One valued reader, who clearly has too much time on his hands /;-) writes in to ask if there is a collective noun for financial analysts (as in a "gaggle" of geese, or a "pack" of dogs). I await your suggestions.

My first humble contributions would be:

a "fodder" of analysts
a "baffle" of analysts
a "lemming" of analysts
a "drone" of analysts

None of this is meant to be disrespectful in any way, just good clean fun. We shouldn't take ourselves too seriously. If we're lucky we might occasionally be just a bit better than the information we have to work with, and sometimes that's not all it should be.

UPDATE: I have had my first reader submission:

a "posse" of analysts (I like it, though it may make us sound a bit hipper than we are)

No comments: